Tooth whitening involves bleaching of yellow, discoloured teeth with bleaching agents. It is a process of removing stains from your teeth in order to make them appear whiter.
Factors that cause discolouration of teeth are :
- Smoking – tar and nicotine in cigarette smoke leave unsightly brown stains
- Beverages such as tea and coffee will have the same effect over time
- Teeth can naturally be a darker shade than desired due to heredity
- Wearing braces or other dental apparatuses for extended periods of time without proper care could discolour enamel
- Ageing – Teeth turn yellow with age.
Read more detailed information about teeth whitening